4DX Movie Ticket Sweepstakes
Thursday, November 08th - Monday, November 19th
* Valid only at movie theater specified on the Prize – Regal L.A. Live or CGV Cinemas Buena Park. Cannot be redeemed for cash or store credit. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be subscribed to newsletter and complete survey to be entered into Sweepstakes. Redeemed prize valid until 12/31/18 at 11:59 PM PT.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: This promotion is sponsored by CJ America, Inc., a New York corporation, having its offices at 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 550, Los Angeles, CA 90036, and CJ 4DPlex Americas, LLC, a California limited liability company, having its offices at 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 550, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (collectively herein, “Sponsor”).
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Entries for 4DX Movie Ticket Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will be accepted online starting at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 8, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on November 19, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official time-keeper of the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents in one of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who comply with these Official Rules in all respects and is void where prohibited by law. Participation in the Sweepstakes is limited to individuals who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Any individuals who have not yet reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of entry, must obtain parental or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. All national, federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply with respect to eligibility. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Sponsor’s respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and such employees, officers, and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating, you (“Entrant”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this Official Rules, the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation, implementation, and execution of the Official Rules, which shall be final and binding in all respects. You represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES INCLUDE LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED BY LAW OR WHERE THE REGISTRATION OR FILING REQUIREMENTS OF ANY STATE OR LOCAL JURISDICTION HAVE NOT BEEN COMPLIED WITH.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, Entrants must first be a subscriber to the newsletter (“CJ Newsletter”) and participate in a survey provided within the pop up page upon entering https://www.cjamerica.com or within the November edition of the CJ Newsletter, to be sent on November 13, 2018 to the subscribers, by following the link to the survey website and completing the survey online. Entrants must complete the questions provided in the survey and must complete all other required information. After completing the survey, the Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry” or “Entries”). Entrants must complete the survey during the Sweepstakes Period. Any individuals who are able to access the link to the survey website by any method not provided herein must first subscribe to the CJ Newsletter in order to receive an Entry into the Sweepstakes.
Entrants may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple accounts, usernames, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Official Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Official Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entry to the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s permission for the Sponsor to use the Entrant’s and/or winner’s name, likeness, and contact information for purposes of Sponsor’s future promotions, marketing, advertising and/or survey, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Further, by entering into the Sweepstakes, you confirm and warrant that you have the required authority to grant such permission to Sponsor. If the Entrant has committed or commits any act or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which brings the Entrant into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or which shocks, insults or offends the people of the community or any class or group thereof or reflects unfavorably on the Sponsor or its products/services, the Entrant may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
NOTE ABOUT MOBILE: Charges may apply (such as normal airtime, data charges and carrier charges) and may appear on Entrant’s mobile phone bill or be deducted from Entrant’s prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans or data plans may vary, and Entrant should contact Entrant’s wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes. Cell phone service may not be available in all areas.
- GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES AND WIN A PRIZE, AND PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants acknowledge that he/she will become subject to the Official Rules and agree to unconditionally accept and to comply with and abide by such terms and the decisions of the Sponsor, if applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who is in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, or any associated event not capable of completion as planned, because of any causes beyond the control of Sponsor. Violation of any of the Official Rules may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- PRIZE DETAILS: There will be a total of 25 winners awarded a prize (each a “Prize”; collectively, “Prizes”). Each Prize will consist of two (2) tickets to a 4DX movie, to be used at the following movie theaters: Regal L.A. Live, 1000 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015 or CGV Cinemas Buena Park, 6988 Beach Blvd, Buena Park, CA 90621. The approximate retail value of each Prize is fifty-one U.S. dollars ($51.00). Each Prize will specify use at either Regal L.A. Live or CGV Cinemas Buena Park, and may only be used at the movie theater specified on the Prize. The Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, will determine the movie theater and the corresponding Prize to be awarded to any winner. Upon announcement and confirmation of winners, the Prize will be directly mailed out to each winner, which may take five to seven (5-7) business days. You are not guaranteed to win a Prize. Prizes are subject to all terms and conditions stated on the Prizes, including, without limitation, expiration dates. Any and all Prize related expenses, including, without limitation, any and all applicable taxes (federal, state, and local), fees, travel to and from the movie theater, and any other item not specifically mentioned as included, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution of Prizes or transfer/assignment of Prizes to others or request for the cash equivalent by winner is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- ODDS. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about November 20, 2018, the potential winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing consisting of all qualified Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by and under supervision of the Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be binding and final. The potential winners will be notified on or about November 20, 2018 by e-mail. Sponsor may require each potential winner to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form within six (6) days of the date of notification. If the potential winner is 18 years of age or older, a clear and legible copy of a valid government-issued photo I.D. will also be required within six (6) days of the date of notification. If the potential winner is under 18, parental or legal guardian consent will be required on the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form instead of a photo I.D.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the Prize, is disqualified, fails to timely execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form, fails to timely provide a clear and legible copy of his/her valid government-issued photo I.D., or if the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable for any reason, Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be drawn randomly at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor is under no obligation to select an alternate winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for a potential winner’s failure to receive notices due to the potential winner’s spam, junk mail, filter, or other security settings or for the potential winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning e-mail address or other contact information. If an alternate winner is selected, the alternate winner must also abide by the same terms and conditions within this section and these Official Rules.
All potential winners are subject to verification for compliance with these Official Rules and the age requirement. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in this Sweepstakes and/or proof of compliance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor and/or failure to follow the instruction, procedures and/or these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The receipt by winner of the Prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per individual/household for all Sweepstakes, contests, competitions and promotions conducted by the Sponsor in the same calendar year. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- RESULTS: For the name(s) of the winner(s), please contact Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received by February 25, 2019.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering this Sweepstakes, you understand that the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, information from your Entry, including, without limitation, the Entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole and absolute discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the recipients from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple Entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple Entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Official Rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control, and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to amend or revise these Official Rules at any time. Notice of any such change will be posted on Sponsor’s web site at: http://www.cjamerica.com/privacy-policy.
- GOVERNING LAW: The laws of the State of California apply to and govern the Sweepstakes, as well as any disputes or claims arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes. The parties agree that any and all disputes or controversies of any nature between them arising at any time shall be determined by confidential binding arbitration, in accordance with the arbitration rules of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single neutral arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by JAMS, with JAMS rules applied to break any deadlock in selecting an arbitrator.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof (including any tax liabilities); (ii) the use or misuse of Entrant’s Prize or any portion thereof (including tax liabilities) by any individual who obtains temporary or permanent title, possession or ownership of Entrant’s Prize or any portion thereof; (iii) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, including, without limitation, travel; (iv) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action; (v) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or any other materials disseminated by the Sponsor; (vi) any technical malfunction or failures of any kind, regardless of cause, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any phone, computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or application; (vii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (viii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Sweepstakes; (ix) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; (x) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (xi) theft, damage, loss, or misuse of any copies of government-issued photo I.D.’s received by the Sponsor from this Sweepstakes. Entrants hereby acknowledge that they may hereafter discover facts different from or in addition to those which they now know or believe to be true and agree that this release will remain effective notwithstanding. Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claims of punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and Entrants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Entrants agree that in any cause of action, the Sponsor’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes.
FURTHER, EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES THE PROVISIONS OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 WHICH STATES THE FOLLOWING: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”