Monday, July 22nd - Wednesday, August 21st
Tell us about your favorite Korean food, beauty, or entertainment experience for an opportunity to win TWO (2) round-trip flight tickets to Korea!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. POST a video on Instagram telling us about your experience – have fun with it!
2. TAG us using the hashtag #LiveNewCJ to submit your entry!
3. BROWNIE POINTS for including CJ brands such as Bibigo, KCON, and 4DX in your video entry!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORK OR PLATFORM. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH AND ARISING FROM THIS CONTEST. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The submissions for the #LiveNewCJ Contest (“Contest”) begins at 10:00 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 22, 2019, and ends at 11:59 pm PT on August 21, 2019 (“Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official time-keeper for the Contest.
2. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by CJ America, Inc., 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 550, Los Angeles, CA 90036 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Rhode Island and Maine) and who comply with these Official Rules in all respects and is void where prohibited by law. Participation in the Contest is limited to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years or older (19 years or older in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 years or older in Mississippi). All national, federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply with respect to eligibility. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Sponsor’s respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and such employees, officers, and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in or win the Contest. Each entrant (“Entrant”) must be the rightful owner of the Instagram account used to upload the video. An Entrant will be required to create an Instagram account if he/she does not already have one. Entry constitutes Entrant’s certification that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential Winner (defined hereinafter). Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
To be eligible to enter and win the First Prize (defined hereinafter), Entrant must be able to travel to and from South Korea. The first trip will depart from any major airport in the United States where Asiana Airlines serves flights to South Korea, which are (1) Los Angeles International Airport; (2) San Francisco International Airport; (3) John F. Kennedy (New York) International Airport; (4) Seattle-Tacoma International Airport; or (5) Daniel K. Inouye (Honolulu) International Airport (each, “Asiana Airport”), and arriving at Incheon International Airport (“ICN”), and the second trip departing from ICN and arriving at an Asiana Airport, both trips to occur between the period of September 23, 2019 and March 23, 2020 (“Travel Period”). An Entrant who is unable to travel during this period or is unable to arrange for own transportation to and from each airport (except for the flights between each airport) is not eligible to enter or win the Contest. The Winner is solely responsible for obtaining all required documentation for travel.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period, Entrant must: (i) create and upload his/her video contest entry on Instagram that discusses what makes up his/her Korean lifestyle, based on his/her favorite Korean food, beauty, or entertainment; and (ii) use the following hashtag on the entry: #LiveNewCJ. Any entry that discusses a CheilJedang (“CJ”) brand of food, beauty, or entertainment will receive additional consideration under the “Relevance to the Theme of the Contest” criteria, further described under Section 8 Judging Period, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The entry must be the Entrant’s original idea (modification of a previously published work shall not be considered an original idea). Throughout the entirety of the Contest, including but not limited to the Contest Period, Entrant’s Instagram settings must not be set to private and must allow photos and videos to be viewed by the public. Entries must comply with Instagram terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870 and as may otherwise be posted on the Instagram website and/or application.
5. Guidelines and Content Restrictions: All submissions must be received by 11:59 pm PT on August 21, 2019. Sponsor is not responsible for late or unsuccessful attempts to enter. Eligible entrants must submit entry in accordance with these Official Rules. No other method of submission will be accepted. By entering, Entrant represents and warrants that his/her entry (and Sponsor’s and its designees’ use thereof): (i) does not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; (ii) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party; and (iii) does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that he/she has secured the requisite consent from any third-party references or appearing in their entries. Sponsor reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion which entries have satisfied the entry requirements and to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the entry requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST, AND PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ODDS OF WINNING. By participating in this Contest, Entrants acknowledge that he/she will become subject to these Official Rules and agree to unconditionally accept and to comply with and abide by such rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (as hereinafter defined), if applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrant agrees that the entry is voluntary, gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation.
6. PRIZE DETAILS: Subject to the verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the following prizes will be awarded: one (1) first prize (“First Prize”) winner will receive two (2) round-trip tickets to South Korea, and five (5) second prize (“Second Prize”) winners (collectively, “Winners”) will each receive a prize package consisting of: Ce& x WannaOne Hoodie, Round A Round Greentea Pure Cleansing Foam, Colorgram Thunder Bolt Tint Lacquer, and Colorgram Velvet Magnet Tint (collectively, “Prizes”). Approximate Retail Value: Two Thousand Dollars ($2,500) for First Prize and Seventy Dollars ($70.00) for each Second Prize. Prizes are subject to all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. All applicable taxes, fees and surcharges on prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Prizes may not be substituted, and are neither transferable, assignable, refundable nor redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the Prize if for any reason any Prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Other restrictions may apply. Prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. Winners are each responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered.
7. CONTEST LIMITS: There is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant and a limit of one (1) Prize per person per household. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Prize during the Contest Period, and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names or identities, then, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, he/she may be disqualified from the Contest. All Entrants are subject to verification for compliance with these Official Rules and the age requirement. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Sponsor – including, without limitation, valid government-issued photo I.D.) to participate in this Contest and/or proof of compliance (in a form acceptable to Sponsor) with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor and/or failure to follow the instruction, procedures and/or these Official Rules may result in disqualification.
8. JUDGING PERIOD: The judging period begins on August 22, 2019 and ends on August 30, 2019. A panel of judges selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will judge all eligible entries submitted within the Contest Period and choose a one (1) First Prize Winner and five (5) Second Prize Winners based on the following criteria:
- 60% Relevance to the Theme of the Contest
- 30% Originality and Creativity
- 10% Effectiveness and Clarity of Communication and Mode of Presentation
9. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Each potential Winner, as determined by the judges, will be notified by Instagram’s direct messaging feature to the Instagram account which the potential Winner used to post his/her Contest entry, at or around 10:00 am PT on September 3, 2019, to which the potential Winner must respond via Instagram’s direct messaging feature by providing his/her valid email address by 10:00 am PT on September 6, 2019.
Only upon Sponsor’s timely receipt of each potential Winner’s email address, Sponsor will contact each potential Winner via email by 11:59 pm PT on September 6, 2019 in order to request information. Among other information requested, all potential Winners will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Affidavit/Release”), and provide a clear and legible copy of his/her valid government-issued photo identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport) for age verification purposes.
In addition to the above, First Prize Winner is also required to complete, sign, and return a Form W-9 for IRS compliance purposes and must also provide his/her requested travel dates within the Travel Period. Requested travel dates are not guaranteed and subject to seat and/or ticket availability of Asiana Airlines, Asiana Airport, or ICN, for such requested travel dates. If requested travel dates cannot be fulfilled, First Prize Winner’s sole and exclusive recourse and remedy under these Official Rules and this Contest is to request alternate travel dates within the Travel Period. First Prize Winner and Sponsor shall reasonably cooperate to arrange such travel dates within the Travel Period. If, after reasonable cooperation, First Prize Winner and Sponsor are unable to arrange such travel dates within the Travel Period, Sponsor may choose to award an alternate prize, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to the First Prize Winner.
All potential Winners must provide all information requested above via email by 10:00 am PT on September 13, 2019 or he/she may be disqualified. Upon proof of eligibility and adherence to all other terms and conditions of this Contest, the Prizes will be directly mailed to each Winner. In the event a potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential Winner may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is under no obligation to select an alternate winner. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the qualified winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each Winner is solely responsible for all taxes as it relates to his/her Prize, including applicable sales and income taxes. The Winner is solely responsible for obtaining all required documentation for travel and for all other travel expenses except as provided herein. Sponsor shall not be liable for any flight delays, rescheduling, or cancellations caused by airlines, airports, government bodies and agencies, or circumstances outside of its control, including but not limited to, weather, air traffic control ground stops, labor strikes and actions, accidents, breakdowns or malfunctions, acts of war or terrorism, civil unrest, natural catastrophes or acts of God. If a potential Winner (1) fails or refuses to timely sign and/or return the completed Affidavit/Release; (2) fails to timely provide a clear and legible copy of his/her valid government-issued photo identification; (3) cannot be contacted for any reason, including but not limited to, a potential Winner’s failure to receive notices due to any spam, security or privacy settings or for a potential Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning email address or other contact information; or (4) if the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable for any reason, the potential Winner may be disqualified.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting his/her Prize, the potential Winner grants Sponsor, prize suppliers and their respective partners, licensees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, related companies and successors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”), the universal, perpetual, and worldwide right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast, and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast the winner’s name, address, actual or simulated likeness, video, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, biographical and personal background information, ideas, opinions, beliefs, statements, recordings, and Contest entry in any and all languages, formats, and media now known and hereafter developed, in connection with this Contest and/or any Contest-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof, including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration. The potential Winner also waives any and all moral rights in the Contest entry with respect to any use by Sponsor and its designees. Each Winner acknowledges and agrees that such Winner will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any Contest entry.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who is in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify any Contest, game or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of any causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
11. DISCLAIMERS: By participating, Entrants on behalf of themselves and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby knowingly and voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish, and agree that they will not assert or maintain against the Sponsor Entities, those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers, contractors, service providers), implementation and distribution of this Contest, all participating merchants and their designated agents and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this Contest, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents (collectively, “Sponsors’ Companies”), any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby further agree that Sponsors’ Companies are not responsible or liable for, and that Entrants will indemnify, defend, release, and hold Sponsors’ Companies harmless from and against, any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees) of any nature whatsoever whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby acknowledge that they may hereafter discover facts different from or in addition to those which they now know or believe to be true and agree that this release will remain effective notwithstanding. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this promotion, including all prizes, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Each Winner acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by a Winner relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Contest entry or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Winner will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Winner to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Contest entry or any other production based on or allegedly based on the Contest entry, and the Winner’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law, with any such damages not to exceed the value of the Prize awarded to the Winner.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by October 21, 2019 to: #LiveNewCJ Contest – Winners List; CJ America, Inc., 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 550, Los Angeles, CA 90036, Attn: Synergy Marketing.
13. GOVERNING LAW: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, this Contest shall be governed by the laws of the State of California (without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof). By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between Entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in Los Angeles, California having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof.